Custom ROM is something new which is trending all around and you may have heard it somewhere or find it online. The first question is what’s custom ROM? And why it is getting so hype these days? Well, there is no need to worry because we are here to pour light on this new thing.
Everyone knows that ROM means Read-Only Memory and if someone talking about custom ROM then it means he/she is talking about Phone’s firmware which is using the Google’s Android platform.
As this is open source so anyone can edit android coding and recompile it with something new which can enhance performance or provide better results.
Changing the device’s appearance or functionality is really easy with this method and Custom ROMs are developed by android authority which can be used in android Smartphone.
Mostly these are available for free and anyone download these and these are available for Phones, tablets, media players and smart watches too.
Read Post: Best Web Browsers for Android Phone
Things to Know about Custom ROM
When you purchase any android Smartphone from market, you can pretty much able to find that there is a stock installed which is also known as stick firmware.
This firmware have so many limitation and if someone want to exceed it then custom ROM option comes handy where you flash the previous stock ROM and install a new one which is compatible with hardware.
As you will flash the old version so there are also chances that you can end up making any mistake and making your ROM inoperable and it is called as bricking.
In such conditions, your phone become useless and it can’t be operated and this is the worst issue. Such things are but you should go wisely and follow all steps to never tackle with any sort of issue.
Steps to Install Custom ROM using TWRP
You need to flash the custom ROM in the smartphone and follow the given steps.
- First of all, you should download and transfer the custom ROM that you want to install in your device’s storage.
- Now, you need to boot your smartphone in the TWRP recovery mode.
- In the recovery mode, you can easily find the “Wipe” button. By tapping on that, you to do a swipe for factory reset.
- Now, go back and head over to main menu of this recovery mode. Hit the install button and locate it to custom ROM file that you moved to smartphone in first step.
- You need to tap on Swipe to Confirm Flash button. After swipe the custom ROM will begin to install in quick time.
- After the successful installation, you will get the option like “Wipe Cache/Dalvik” and select it. Swipe to wipe now and it is done.
- Finally, you need to wait for the completion of Cache and after that, hit Back button. Reboot your system now and everything is done.
The flashing process is completed now and you can easily get the extreme benefit of custom ROM. It will further assist in getting better performance and great option of installing favorite apps.
Even it is rooted now so you can use paid apps easily. It is better and reliable option.
If you don’t want to tackle with any sort of issue then you should follow these steps. It would be ideal to choose the compatible custom ROM for Smartphone otherwise the phone will be a paper weight only.
Hope, this guide will help in insulation of Custom ROM and making your smartphone UI better than before.