Are you willing to install Microsoft Windows on Mac? Boot Camp will help in going like a pro. It is one of the best alternatives whether you want to do gaming or try out new features of Windows 10. This guide will get you going.
Mac Versions Supporting Windows 10
Compatibility matter the most where Apple straightforwardly mentioned the name of compatible Macs name. If you are using any versions from the given ones then you can install windows 7, 8, and 10.
- Macbook air 2012 version and later
- Macbook Pro 2012 version and later
- iMac 2012 version and later
- Mac mini server late 2012
- Mac Pro late 2013 versions
- iMac mini 2012 version and later
- Macbook 2015 and later
As if your mac is supporting Microsoft Windows 10 then make sure to empty up 32 GB storage. It is minimum storage required to make windows work on Mac.
Read Post: How to Change or Reset APPLE ID
Even you are able to divide windows partitions but it must have sufficient storage for the partition thing. Give a partition any size but make sure to empty up storage before getting started.
It will be better to update Mac’s OS. This will help you eradicate almost every single compatibility issue from the OS. Even nothing will go wrong while the installation.
Download Windows 10 ISO File
Before getting started, you need to have a Windows 10 ISO file and you can download it from the Microsoft Web sites. Just download it straight from the website to your Mac’s hard drive.
- Visit the official website of Microsoft and click on drop-down menu button.
- Here, you need to select the required edition you want to download. Choose windows 10.
- It will ask you to confirm and now, click on drop-down menu again and select product language.
- After selecting the language of choice, hit confirm button and choose the 64-bit version to download.
- Now, just save the file in your Mac’s drive and let it download for few minutes or hours depending upon the speed of the internet.
As the downloading finishes, follow the step by step guide to install it without getting into any sort of issue.
Must Read: How to FIX Blue Screen on MAC
After the downloading of IOS file, you need to install it up which can be done by given below 8 steps.
- The primary thing about the installation of windows 10 on mac is to open Boot Camp Assistant which is given at utility folder. And you can navigate to it by going to the application, utilities and then boot camp assistant.
- Click on continue and Bootcamp is going to locate ISO file automatically. Now, click on it and drag the slider to partition section. So, it is going to be 48GB automatically which is enough to install and use windows. There is also the option to add much storage in the drive.
- Just by clicking on install button, the windows support software will be downloaded and you just need to type down the password. Click OK and mac will restart and windows 10 boot will begin from now.
- Choose language, enter the product key and if you don’t have any key then go for the trial version by clicking on I don’t have a key. You can buy windows 10’s key after installation.
- Choose among windows 10 pro or any other version depending upon the preference or whatever you want to use in it.
- Click “Next” and choose “Custom – Install Windows only” option from the given options. Click on Drive 0 partition X: BOOTCAMP. Choosing anything else can cause trouble so avoid that out.
- Your Mac is going to restart many times during the installation but everything is done. As everything will be finish regarding installation, you need to choose from Express Setting or customize your installation. Using Express settings will be better and reliable option.
- Just provide a username and add a password if you want to. Click on Next and rest are up to you because there will some new settings to use or not to use option. Just for an example Cortana.
Windows 10 will be installed in your Mac now. Install require software and make sure to activate this windows by purchasing the activation key.